Thursday, December 18, 2008

I recently saw this industrial design concept on the site “industrial design served”. It was created by Stephen Allport, a designer. This is a device that is meant to diminish fires created by cooking and hopefully create less burnt food. It is called the “Cooker-Sense Band”. It is a bracelet shaped device that the cook would wear on their wrist. There are sensors inside of the band that allows the cook to be in control of temperates at all times, allowing them to turn things down while they are boiling or take things out before they burn.
While this is just a concept, I think it would be creatly appreciated by many. I like to keep a close eye on food while I am cooking… but I know many people who ALWAYS burn at least something. Also, just the safety facter of keeping control of high temperatures in your house would be reassuring for some.

No comments: