Thursday, September 11, 2008

fitbit



I recently read an article on Core77 about a new piece of technology called the “fitbit”. It is a device smaller than an ipod nano that can track a person’s daily activity. It can count the number of steps a person takes, track their sleep cycles, the distance they go in a day, etc. It is takes all of the information that it collects and wirelessly uploads everything to the web so a person can constantly keep track of their overall movement.
I found this article to be very interesting. During the summers, I waitress at a fast paced restaurant where I am constantly on my feet. I often wonder how many miles I have actually walked during the course of the day. This would not only tell me… but it is another example of “cloud computing” taking over. This does not force you to keep a log of your steps, but instead wirelessly keeps records of your movement for you.

No comments: