Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wine and Design

I have recently been clicking on any design related links that I find. Today, I stubbled upon “Smashing Magazine”s website. On their website, they review and display many top picks on the web… include the design of blogs and websites. One of the website, okaydave.com, caught my eye. The layout is extremely playful.
Upon entering his website, I started to look through his portfolio.
One project that I enjoyed was his “mondavi” project. He was asked to recreate a design for a specific company’s wine bottles. He chose to look into the history of the wine and the aspects that make the various wines unique. After researching, he created a fun logo that incorporates musical identity to the wines. I thought this was a creative, fun way to express things in a new way. For example, on one bottle of wine he made the logo look like a d# because it was a crisp, clean wine.

No comments: